Today we take a look at Mijas in Malaga, overlooking the heart of the Costa Del Sol on Spain’s southern coast. However Mijas has much more to it than just the golden beaches of the Costa del Sol. Read on…
The municipality of Mijas is in the province of Málaga, in the autonomous community of Andalucía, in southern Spain. It is situated on the southwestern coast of Spain.
Mijas belongs to the municipality of Costa del Sol Occidental. Its core is a typically Andalusian white-washed village located on a mountainside, at about 450 metres above sea level, in the heart of the Costa del Sol region.
Despite often being referred to as simply “Mijas”, it can be divided into several different areas that offer completely different lifestyles.
The municipality of Mijas is best divided into the following areas:
– Mijas Pueblo (the original whitewashed hillside village)
– Mijas Campo (the more rural area, inland and countryside locations)
– Mijas Costa (the main commercial and residential area including areas such as El Chaparral, Torrenueva, Calahonda and Riviera del Sol)
– La Cala de Mijas (originally a small fishing village and now a popular, small village by the sea), also sometimes referred to as Mijas Costa
– Las Lagunas (largely suburban and mixed commercial area located south of Mijas campo and north of Fuengirola).
Each of these areas of Mijas offer their own lifestyles.
If you like breathtaking views and country living, you should consider the areas just outside Mijas Pueblo and Mijas Campo.
If you prefer to be walking distance from amenities such as shops, schools, bars and restaurante then La Cala de Mijas, Las Lagunas and Mijas Pueblo are where you should be looking.
For sun seekers and leisurely golf lovers, Mijas Costa may be the place to start your search.
If you are looking to move to Mijas, whether renting or a purchasing a property, you have come to the right place. We have lots of information about Mijas to share with you.
Mijas has something for everybody, it is simply a matter of looking in the right place. We are waiting to help you …